Sunday, November 22, 2009

Oh Atlanta, I Hear You Calling.. I'm Coming Back to You One Fine Day

I've always loved Atlanta. Out of all the cities I've visited in the states, I haven't found a city as convenient, navigable, and plain out fun as Atlanta. Luckily, Athens is a mere 45 minute drive from this great city. Yesterday I wandered off to this city to meet my parents at Bacchanalia for dinner later that night. I, however, had an agenda of my own before meeting up with them.

My first stop was Drew Lewis in Midtown:



A single word to describe my visit to Drew Lewis, disappointing. I had heard a lot of hype about this store from people in Athens, but to be honest I just don't get it. Midtown is a great place to be, but the staff wasn't fun or energetic, that is until "Empire State of Mind" came on and they all slowly started mouthing the words to themselves and rocking to the beat. Jay-Z really brings people together. The person who does the buying, I am guessing Drew Lewis himself, has an obvious obsession with Gant. I went to finally see the Band of Outsiders line that they advertise on their website. All I found was a single pair of shoes.

I then traveled to Lenox where I went to two of my favorite chain stores, Club Monaco and Calvin Klein-both experiences were excellent as usual.
I found this great roll-up shirt on sale at Calvin Klein:



I also got some staunton wide whale cotton cords.

I'll fill you in about the perfection that is Sid Mashburn and Bacchanalia tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment